View Single Post
Old
02-08-2013, 12:51 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

vCash: 500
Brimsek #1 for me...the man was a legend. In the era of the original six, I believe at one time 3 out of the 6 starting goalies in the NHL were American including Frank. and the crazier part is I believe they all came from the tiny town of Eveleth Minnesota.
love that town..

I also have Richter over Barrasso. I dont even have it as a close second either for Ricter as I have Thomas ahead of Barrasso as well. Richter did far more with USA Hockey than Barrasso ever could have. the 91 Canada Cup - Silver, 96 World Cup- Gold, and 02 Salt Lake City Olympics - Silver easily puts him above Barasso imo. they both have stanley cup rings so you cant argue that either.

I dont even think Barrasso made the 91 Canada Cup team as Richter and Vanbiesbrouk were the pair. But that could of been the same time where his child was going through some health problems, so I dont remember.

for me the list goes like this:

1. Frank Brimsek
2. Mike Richter
3. Tim Thomas
4. Tom Barrasso
5. John Vanbiesbrouk
6. Ryan Miller
7. Jon Quick
8. Mike Dunham
9. Guy Hebert
10. Jon Casey

how anyone cannot have Tim Thomas in the top 3 is crazy as the guy might not have the longest body of work, but 2 Vezina trophies and a Cup says hi!!

I added Ryan Miller and Jon Quick as I feel they belong listed with the best US goalies of all time and they still have plenty of years left to continue to move up the list.

Rick Dipietro is a name just outside of the top 10 as he carried the Isles for a number of years on his back, but his last 4 seasons have been a near nightmare, so I have him at #11 right now.

I am sure I am forgetting a few guys as I did this off the top of my head, but guys like Damian Rhodes, Jim Carey, Brian Boucher, Brent Johnson, etc all had decent stits in the spotlight, but all outside the top 10.

Jimmy Howard and Craig Anderson likely will be top 10 players by the time their career ends...just not quite yet.

Last edited by AmericanDream: 02-08-2013 at 12:57 PM.
AmericanDream is offline   Reply With Quote