View Single Post
Old
02-08-2013, 12:58 PM
Anth93

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafski View Post
Wow, have you watched any Oshawa games this year?

Edit: since i've posted after you mentioned you had seen a few games. I'd like to point out how relevant and helpful a 3 game sample size is.

Biggs has a number of things you want in a player, and you definitely see the potential in him. Even if his scoring does not pick up enough to be a top 6er, he has the toolkit to become a very exceptional bottom 6er. He's big, strong, has some scoring touch, is a workhorse, is actually quite good defensively (he was used in many defensive situations for the U.S. World junior team). On top of that he has leadership qualities, and absolutely hates to lose (as evidenced by many video interviews).

Not taking anything away from Leivo of course because I like his game as well.
You just agreed with my entire argument. 1st round picks should never be drafted with the intention of them becoming a bottom 6 NHL player. ESPECIALLY when they don't play center. Tyler Biggs was drafted because he could break out and had potential to be a Kassian. Well he's not that, and not even close. You're right though, he does project to be a player for us and that's why I think he remains a good prospect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebel111 View Post
I am excited about tyler biggs,
biggs in his first season in junior, has 20 goals already, has a good chance to reach 30, what else do we want from him,
plus has a slim chance of making the big team, but most likely with the marlies
than again he should have 50 goals, so I guess he is a bust

plus leivo and ashton are pretty good players too
But that would be ridiculous and no one actually uses this logic