Thread: Proposal: J-Bow and Iggy to Boston
View Single Post
02-08-2013, 02:09 PM
Flames rebuilder
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by WhalerTurnedBruin55 View Post
You'd probably get more trading them separately, unless there is a prospect that is highly highly coveted.

I have to think if Chia is really enamored with Iginla, it's going to happen. If he's not, it won't.

He had an infatuation with Kaberle, which paid off because the B's won (although I thought cheaper/better options were available, is another story), but he paid a high price in terms of a rental for a declining star (yes, Kaberle was still "considered" a star then). If he really wants Iginla, he'll make that happen.

Also, I think Hamilton, as a full-time member of the team now is off the table, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Spooner available for the right deal.
Personally, I think the Flames are icing the best team they've had in years. I don't see any major deals being made, without a major over payment. I believe this team may have what it takes to make the playoffs and Iggy will most likely resign to finish his career. Is it the smart move...time will tell but I really think they'll ride it out this year.

Flames rebuilder is offline   Reply With Quote