View Single Post
Old
02-08-2013, 01:42 PM
arsmaster
semantic romantic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BergyWho37 View Post
So its basically 3 first rnd picks cause Knight was picked at 32 ....wait plus you get 2 core guys

Jay bo ..good ? sure overpayed ? YES

Iggy .. great ? sure expiring contract ? YES
I'm not a Flame fan.

I don't think the Flames want any part of your two core guys, they don't need veteran 3rd pairing defensman or a very good 3C, if they're blowing up the roster, which is what moving the franchise (Iginla) and their best defensman (Bouwmeester) they wouldn't want those guys IMO.

2nd point, I hate the "he was picked early 2nd, he's basically a first round pick". Truth is, once you're drafted, the pick placement means nothing....now you're just a prospect, its up to the prospect to determine whether they're a true blue chip prospect or not. And I don't think Knight is, I think he's a run of the mill C+ prospect. It's like valuing Zach Hamill like a top 10 pick....I wouldn't equate Zach Hamill and Dougie Hamilton, would you?

Subban is a true blue chip prospect, but I don't see him being targetted by the Flames either.

I look at what the B's gave up to get Kaberle - Colborne (one of your top prospects...I never much liked him) + 1st and 2nd.

Iginla is a much higher valued player, if Calgary is going to tank, I'd imagine they'd be looking at a youngish top 6 forward or top 4 defensman + at least one 1st round pick + a teams top prospect, I'm not overly familiar with the Bruins prospect pool, but I don't see you having the horses to make the trade for one of the proposed flames, let alone two. I can't see you guys moving Marchand or a guy like Hamilton....calgary really has no reason to improve the Bruins without some semblance of high level young talent being returned.

Now for Bouwmeester, I don't see him being a real need for the Bruins, but I think at worst his value is comparable to what Brent Burns returned....Roster top 9 forward with NHL production history, recent 1st round selected prospect (Coyle) and 1st round pick. IMO that is the very least Calgary should move their #1 d-man for.

If you're not giving up a Hamilton, Marchand, or multiple 1st's, I highly doubt the Bruins get either.

arsmaster is online now   Reply With Quote