Thread: Proposal: Finish this trade...
View Single Post
Old
02-08-2013, 01:55 PM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamBamCam View Post
Not to ruffle anyone's feathers but after watching Seguin go to the top line last game and that line clicked for two quick goals. Horton could very well be trade bait. I know we all love him and he has been fantastic but the future is now, this team is now. Upgrading from Horton would not be a bad idea.

This is pro sports we root for the sweater more than the player these days. Players do not stay in the fold for a career anymore.
I'd love him long term but the fit I see is on the 3rd line opposite Peverley in the spot Bourque is in right now.

Now I'd probably rather move Kelly than Horton if I could pick one or the other. But I doubt you can have both or Kelly would waive his.

AND...the better Nate plays in the playoffs the harder it is to fit him in b/c he'll earn a raise. His 4 mil isn't a big overpayment. I really don't mind him at that number at all. But giving him 5 is a different story.

Still like the guy and am happy to have him back and healthy.

HIs first few games as a Bruin he showed glimpses of being a dominant winger, but he kept ringing posts, then lost his game a little when he played with Savard, and then got snakebit. Still put up a lot of points for a guy with such an up and down season and delivered in the playoffs with huge goals. I really like Horton. BUt I am not sure we ever see the dynamic player he could have been, and giving him anything over his current cap hit is a huge risk.

MarshmontMcSlewfoot is offline   Reply With Quote