Thread: Proposal: Canucks & Oilers
View Single Post
Old
02-08-2013, 03:07 PM
Flair Hay

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
Just because you've bought into the hype and feel you must abide by the unwritten HF rule that you must bow down to the status quo doesn't mean I have to.

Schneider might have been good playing back up on a team with huge depth on defense, but Dubnyk's been doing it since the last half of last year and all of this year minus that one game against SJS.

This is a "what have you done for me lately" world and the reality is Schneider blew his chance at taking the reigns of start position in Vancouver with his shoddy play this season. As it stands, I don't care what Schneider did playing limited sheltered games behind stellar D when Dubnyk has been shining in the spot light behind what most on HF considered to be the worst D corp in the league.

So until we see Schneider actually man up and show he can handle more than a handful of games here or there like Dubnyk is showing, then there is no way I'd ever consider trading him just because you don't want to "make Oil fans look bad". Grow a pair.
This post is what I would show someone if I needed to define how to make a compelling, sound argument based on a false premise. The "what have you done for me lately world" is for the media to keep driving stories. Dubnyk is progressing nicely for sure, but as long as you continue to hold it against Schneider that he was playing behind a top 5 goalie from the last 3 years, everything you base off of tht is just wrong. He managed to increase his playing time because of his play.

"Already blew it"...it's pretty clear what your trying to accomplish here. Something tells me you'd e signing a different tune if his logo was different.

Flair Hay is offline   Reply With Quote