View Single Post
Old
02-08-2013, 02:13 PM
LPH
[hello] :)

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
Just because you've bought into the hype and feel you must abide by the unwritten HF rule that you must bow down to the status quo doesn't mean I have to.

Schneider might have been good playing back up on a team with huge depth on defense, but Dubnyk's been doing it since the last half of last year and all of this year minus that one game against SJS.

This is a "what have you done for me lately" world and the reality is Schneider blew his chance at taking the reigns of start position in Vancouver with his shoddy play this season. As it stands, I don't care what Schneider did playing limited sheltered games behind stellar D when Dubnyk has been shining in the spot light behind what most on HF considered to be the worst D corp in the league.

So until we see Schneider actually man up and show he can handle more than a handful of games here or there like Dubnyk is showing, then there is no way I'd ever consider trading him just because you don't want to "make Oil fans look bad". Grow a pair.
Come back when you have watched Schneider play. He has play exceptional during his time in Vancouver aside from his first period this season. You make these ridiculous assumptions like "Schneider blew his chance" when he started last game and is likely to start the next one and "shoddy play this season" are you kidding me with this crap? Yes, Dubnyk is having a good start and very well could become a very good goalie, but that's no reason to make **** up about Schneider and look at the stat line after the first 10 games to determine someone's worth.

LPH is offline   Reply With Quote