Thread: Confirmed Trade with Link: [FLA/LA] Keaton Ellerby to LA for a 5th round pick
View Single Post
Old
02-08-2013, 02:23 PM
Dread Clawz
LAWSonic Boom

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleury14 View Post
bizarre. I thought he looked quite good just last season. To move a D of his age and attributes for a 5th rounder is poor value, there's no way around it. Tallon makes some good signings, trades, draft picks, but his time with CHI and FLA shows his overall asset management skills aren't the greatest. It would be better to hold on to the kid in a depth role and use a roster spot on him than move him for a 5th. Of course, when you sign Ds like Jovo and Kuba to poor contracts, it's going to bite you in the ass somewhere else on your roster.
The Kuba signing is what did it. I'd rather trade Kuba any day of the week and I'm sure Tallon would too but that's not gonna happen. We have 8 defensemen, and Strachan won't be sent down to the AHL. We have a lot of forwards and had to make room on the roster. Ellerby is still kinda young and is seen as a player who could still improve a lot.

Tallon made a bad signing in Kuba, it happens, not every GM's signings all work out.

Dread Clawz is offline   Reply With Quote