Thread: Line Combos: 2013 Line Combos Thread II
View Single Post
Old
02-08-2013, 02:24 PM
Gaps

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hokijanari View Post
I agree. He needs more time on the wing. Every time Granlund has entered a new level of play in his career, he has started on the wing and after a while he's been moved to play center. Kind of like the running in period of a new car. He needs that. He's not ready to play center yet. He needed time on the wing in the FEL and WC before entering the center position, so how should he go directly to center in the god damn NHL?? I think he might even need the biggest amount of time on the wing there... Yeo, just another stupid decision.
Small correction there: Granlund has never played center in the WC. He's only been Immonen's and Koivu's winger, mostly Immonen's. Frankly I don't think I'd give him a line of his own to center in the NT even now and I seriously doubt he'll be ready for the 2C spot in Sochi. Then again, I've been saying that for a long time and so far he's shown nothing that would make me change my mind. It should be wing for him for now, except in the AHL. He's capable of playing center there.

Gaps is offline   Reply With Quote