View Single Post
Old
02-08-2013, 02:28 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by detrude View Post
Redden wasn't available until he was bought out. Even then, at best it's only a decent move in hindsight because he's looked half-way decent with the Blues, though I think this is debatable with the last couple games. But let's not kid ourselves, that's a move that would be shredded and second guessed to infinity if it happened.

Campoli would be decent, I'll grant you that. His defense is kinda meh, but I don't think he'd be any worse than what we currently have.

We can't assume Weber is even available. I think he'd be a great addition, but we can't assume he'd be easy to acquire.

I think the biggest problem we currently have is Elliott and Barrie aren't ready. Barrie, at least, looked like he was ready to take the next step this year. He looked great in the AHL this year but he's just looked out out of place so far in the NHL. It's to be expected of a rookie, sure, and it's hard to blame him for the clusterf* that is our defense, but he does look different. At this point do we keep playing him and hope he adjusts, or send him back and try it again next year?
At this point I say play him. He's no worse than any of the other pluggers on this team. Yeah, he's getting pushed around A LOT, but either send the kid down or play him.

I really, really wish Sacco would get over his man-crush on Hunwick. Sacco just looks at the effort level and doesn't ever notices the fact that he's quite possibly the dumbest defenseman to ever don an Avs jersey. He continually makes the same mistakes over and over again, and yet gets top-pairing ice time.