Thread: Confirmed Trade with Link: [FLA/LA] Keaton Ellerby to LA for a 5th round pick
View Single Post
Old
02-08-2013, 02:32 PM
Dread Clawz
fmrly MarkstromRules

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
I don't think it's hating to say he's not all that great.

This season has been the best he's looked and that best wasn't all that great. He was recently scratched for playing a poor game at Winnipeg. It's not as if he's been flawless himself. The guy just hasn't shown much to suggest he's going to have a really good career in the NHL. Maybe the change of scenery helps him.
Yeah but there's a difference between saying he's not all that great, and he's horrible and should be our 8th d-man, like some Panthers fans will tell you. I'll never understand how he gets so badly crucified sometimes. People make a mountain out of a molehill with every play he makes.

I disagree that he had a bad game in Winnipeg. I know you will counter with well why was he scratched. But he didn't do anything wrong on the 1st goal. He tried to deflect a shot away from his goalie, like d-men do many times a game. Some take weird bounces and go in. It happens. What else did he do that was so bad in that game? Maybe Dineen was just rotating d-men like he has done regularly over the past couple seasons because we always had a lot of d-men?

Dread Clawz is offline   Reply With Quote