View Single Post
Old
02-08-2013, 02:41 PM
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhay1987 View Post

This post is what I would show someone if I needed to define how to make a compelling, sound argument based on a false premise. The "what have you done for me lately world" is for the media to keep driving stories. Dubnyk is progressing nicely for sure, but as long as you continue to hold it against Schneider that he was playing behind a top 5 goalie from the last 3 years, everything you base off of tht is just wrong. He managed to increase his playing time because of his play.

"Already blew it"...it's pretty clear what your trying to accomplish here. Something tells me you'd e signing a different tune if his logo was different.
There's a reason a coach decides to bench warm a player for a crappy performance. Unless your name is Brodeur and you have 660 odd wins, no one is going to sit down, have a coffee and say, "Well, he played pretty good last year during those small stretches. I guess I can't bench him".

You know why? Because this is a performance driven league. If you don't live up to your expectations, your ass is benched. It's pretty plain and simple. The only people who are able to get away with citing past performance are delusional fans and Martin Brodeur. What have you done for me lately is the reality of not just the media but NHL coaches and management.

Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
Come back when you have watched Schneider play. He has play exceptional during his time in Vancouver aside from his first period this season. You make these ridiculous assumptions like "Schneider blew his chance" when he started last game and is likely to start the next one and "shoddy play this season" are you kidding me with this crap? Yes, Dubnyk is having a good start and very well could become a very good goalie, but that's no reason to make **** up about Schneider and look at the stat line after the first 10 games to determine someone's worth.
All Schneider has done was prove he is unable to carry the responsibility of being a starter. It's really no surprise that after being benched for 3 games he comes back with a great game in true back up fashion. You're only proving my point further.

As it stands right now, unless Dubnyk completely flat lines or Schneider wins the majority of his games on a reasonably respectable stretch of starts he has no game and he is Mr. Prototypical Backup and there is no way in hell I would trade Dubey for Schneider!

It's just unfortunate they have to pay him $4.5M to be one.

smackdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote