View Single Post
Old
02-08-2013, 04:15 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevekento19 View Post
To be honest it worries me. With defense as awful as we have, and Elliott unable to crack it or even really do well in the AHL I really dont see him ever becoming what we expected. I would love for him to prove me wrong, but at this point I'm definitely scared.
Oh please. The Avs had a camp that wasn't really a camp where they had maybe a week to evaluate Elliott and the other AHL prospects they invited before an abbreviated season started. Him not making the team was not a failure by any means. If the Avs had kept Barrie and Elliott they would've had to trade/waive one of their veterans. They made a decision to put Elliott in the best possible place for him to succeed and develop.

I guarantee you the supreme suckage that this defense is exhibiting right now did not magically manifest itself in a post-lockout mini-camp. Now mind you, yeah, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize this defense was going to suck, but I think management thought they at least had a defense that wasn't going to give up a lot of goals. Turns out they were wrong on a lot of fronts. Nevertheless, them choosing not to put Elliott in the lineup doesn't mean he failed to outplay Greg Zanon or Matt Hunwick.

Last edited by Av-merican: 02-08-2013 at 04:35 PM.
Av-merican is online now   Reply With Quote