View Single Post
Old
02-08-2013, 04:25 PM
BigG44

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Misty View Post
Eakin needs some offensive polish IMO. He is right around where you would expect a player with less than a full season to be, but he needs line mates who can score. Reilly Smith is on the cusp of being able to make things for himself and Vincour will never score much, but Eakin's points come from winning the puck instead of making a good setup. With the current line mates he isn't going to get many points.

If he can get some more playmaking skill he should be almost a 2C, but right now I see him as more of a dynamite 3C who can really do well against the opponent's good lines.
Reilly Smith, Cody Eakin, and Tomas Vincour are all the same age, and from the same draft. This is why I chuckle when people say Vincour has no future, but Reilly Smith is on the cusp and Eakin just needs some time to really develop his offense.

This was an awesome line down in Austin, and given an opportunity to adjust to the NHL, they could potentially reward the team with secondary scoring and rock solid two-way play.

I'll never understand how one 22 year old has peaked in the eyes of a fan base and other 22 year old players are up and comers.

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote