Thread: PGT: Welp.
View Single Post
02-08-2013, 03:45 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
I never get when people call Plekanec old and act like Gorges is another youngster. As if when you turn 30 you magically start losing all your ability. Considering Gorges' entire game is based around sacrificing his body for the cause, he's probably aging much quicker than Plekanec anyway.

Of the vets, keeping Plekanec and Markov should come before anyone else.

Also, I love how there's talk about selling everyone off and tanking after losing 2 games in a row.
Personnaly, I don't wish the Habs to tank. But if Gallagher and Galchenyuk continue to developp going forward this year, I do think Gionta should be use as trade bait. No matter if Habs are making the playoffs this year, to get out of that 6-10th place range, Habs have to move forward and Gionta surely have enough value to bring in a solid prospect or a nice draft pick.

Then next year, in my opinion, the same could be made with Gorges if a guy like Tinordi follows the same path as the Gally's. That way, those moves wouldn't kill the hopes of making the playoffs short term while increasing the hopes of becoming a top tier team.

I agree with you, Plekanec should be kept. He still has few more years at top level, and then he's the type of player who could easily recycle in a d-fense only role.

LePoche69 is offline   Reply With Quote