Thread: Proposal: Top 6 playmaker to Vancouver
View Single Post
Old
02-08-2013, 04:06 PM
Wizeman*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
If we haven't filled the hole by the deadline, I wouldn't be opposed to that at all. Gillis doesn't do the "normal" rental thing though, as most "rentals" are retained (Alberts, Higgins, Lapierre) or actively remove themselves from the team (Gragnani, Pahlsson retiring from the NHL). A resigning, if he comes relatively cheaply, could be done too, depending on the Luongo/Schneider saga.

That being said, Schroeder has been doing everything right, and is helping to drive the offensive contributions of his linemates, even if it isn't always related to points, and if he keeps playing like this, we could have a very good, but much smaller, internal solution as well. Him and Hansen aren't bad options for Kesler/Booth because of their playmaking ability.

MacArthur has proven more, with one tremendous season, and I feel a second if he sticks around isn't nuts. I think someone might beat that offer tbh though.

Right now I have this as our best line up

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Booth Kesler Hansen

Raymond Schroeder Kassian

Lappy Malholtra Higgins

Weise /Volpati

I would like to add another grit player with better hands in case of injury to our skill guys. If one of our skill guys goes we stick Higgins in there or pull Hanesn back and forth .

But I would prefer to upgrade that fourth line spot , no offense to Weise or Volpati.

Wizeman* is offline   Reply With Quote