View Single Post
Old
02-08-2013, 04:15 PM
Sidney the Kidney
We got Kessel?!

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holotypic View Post
We are tied for second in goals scored right now league wide, I really don't see a need to trade away solid defensive players for a winger. I get that Crosby *should* have better wingers to play with than Kunitz and Dupuis but having Nisky and depth on the defensive end is a better option come playoff time IMO. We are clicking and scoring plenty of goals right now, I wouldn't be upset if we waited and made decisions on personnel until after we see how this team plays in the playoffs. If we get embarrassed again then obviously its time for some changes, but right now I am happy with the roster as is.

As much as everyone likes to ***** about Boychuck I think he has looked the most comfortable playing alongside Malkin and Neal. I don't think he is a long term solution, but the chances have been there since he was claimed and sooner or later they will start converting.

We need the best defense possible on the ice come playoff time, and I don't think trading an asset for a winger is a smart solution at this point in time. Obviously if RS can turn on god mode again and get a similar Neal for gogo deal, then yes, do it, but if nothing of that nature is on the table keep the roster the way it is.
This kind of thinking (with regards to not needing to add a scoring winger) is the very thing I fear most as a result of the Pens scoring quite a few goals during this 5-game winning streak.

I hope management has a broader view of the issue than just checking the column on the stat page labeled "goals for" when determining what areas of this club still need upgrades.

Sidney the Kidney is offline   Reply With Quote