View Single Post
Old
02-08-2013, 04:26 PM
Andre Benoit Bawls
What, Me Worry?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
O'Brien is 3 years younger and already a better player than Greening. He's not as big, strong or quick as Greening but he' got a much better set of hands and better understanding of the game imo. We've seen him play all forward positions and he gets that he's gotta go to the net to be effective, something Greening still seems to struggle with.

Personally, I think the organization missed an opportunity with JOB and he should have been kept as a defenseman. The guy has a great set of tools to be a top 4 defender. But he's turned out to be a solid center which isn't a colossal failure by any means. There's a lot more potential there than the almost 27 year old Greening.
I think you are writing off Greening just a little bit too much but I feel what you're saying. I think he should be dealt, maybe that will turn around to bite me in the ass but if he can return a solid 4/5, young established DMan then I think it should definitely be done. Something around Niskanen, Martinez, McBain, Smid, Fayne, Braun/Demers/Irwin, Sbisa, Petry... these are all guys I would look at. Also I'd love to get Jamie Oleksiak but I don't see him being dealt.

Andre Benoit Bawls is offline   Reply With Quote