View Single Post
Old
07-05-2006, 04:12 PM
No One

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Blues View Post
If that's the case, I think more than one team is going to howl about that interpretation. Remember when we had the discussion about unclear wording in the version that was released before the official one came out?

But I don't think that's the case. Travis Green signed with Boston in August 2005 and was 35 as of June 30, 2006 when the Bruins bought out the final year of his contract, but by all reports he doesn't count the full $675K for '06-07. Same for Turner Stevenson and his $1.254M cap hit - he was 34 when he signed but is 35 as of June 30, 2006 and reportedly he only counts $418,000 for the Flyers the next 2 years.

That's not to say the reports on those two buyouts are incorrect, but I think if the interpretation given above was in fact accurate, someone covering the Flyers would know and their fans would be going nuts about it right now.
Are we sure that when you buy out a contract using paragraph 13 provisions of the SPC, that is counts 100% as it relates to the cap?

I have read section 50.2 and 50.9, and I can see where it would appear that the contrats can be bought out, subject to the P.13 and the Ordinary Course buyouts.

The CBA is less than definitive on this, unless I just haven't looked at it enough. (and if I look at it much more, my wife just might kill me.).

No One is offline   Reply With Quote