View Single Post
Old
02-08-2013, 04:43 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya42 View Post
Are you kidding me? Nuge has been backchecking like crazy, and has really worked on his defensive game - something he was quoted as wanting to concentrate on:

http://newsok.com/barons-ryan-nugent...rticle/3716658

Now i'm not saying that there isn't something up with his shoulder, as there obviously is but he's been awesome playing as a two-way center this year.

BTW he did get a goal earlier against LA, but it was waived off (incorrectly IMO).
You must watch completely different games.

Maybe last years games PVR'ed. I should note the amount of times I've seen Nuge rushing the puck where a check is approaching and he just peels right off and leaves the puck going forward. This is something I'd not seen from his last year and that crept into his play this year. Which suggests to me that something is wrong. As far as goals scored he has no shot to speak of this year, can't control it, wide most of the time, and the one "goal" he scored was into a yawning wide open net with the goalie being interferred with. I could score that goal.

Nuge has been reasonable in own end because he's a very smart player and anticipates and understands the game well. He's cleared our zone several times and been good at mopping up there. Which he could do with a wonky shoulder. But its much harder to get a proper shot off with a bum shoulder.

Funny thing is because hockey players are tough theres just this notion that you play through it. If this is baseball and pitcher experiencing something like this would he be playing much or get the immediate medical attention? If its playoffs or world series you work through with it. There was no reason last year not to get it done. The excuse that they thought it would get better on its own is proved to be false. This is nearly a year later.

Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote