Thread: Proposal: Top 6 playmaker to Vancouver
View Single Post
Old
02-08-2013, 05:27 PM
ohnoeszz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanFan101 View Post
Raymond is not a playmaker, and does nothing to make his linemates better. He is a black hole where you send pucks to make them disappear. He is much better suited to a third line role where he can try to create offense on his own, than on a second line where his lack of vision will hinder more talented players.
This is the story on Raymond. Disappointing but true. He has all the speed in the world but not the foresight to implement it towards anything more than basic hockey plays. He's still a very nice forward to have but he's not a 2nd line player because he detracts from high iq players. I find him a very frustrating player to watch because his speed/skill makes you see all the open opportunities he misses. I feel there is still a slim chance he catches up to the game and starts dictating it instead of chasing the play, but I'm not optimistic.

As for this thread, I do think its clear the Canucks need a true top 6 playmaker for the second line.

Purcell and a prospect/pick for Luongo and a winger makes a lot of sense to me but I somewhat understand the trepidation for Tampa fans - not because of the goalies (I think Luongo would lower their GAA significantly for the next 5+ years and legitimize them as cup contender for as long as they have forwards to put around Stamkos) it's just I have a very high opinion of Purcell.

Hemsky is another guy I think fits the bill and he actually seems to be somewhat available. I wouldn't move Luongo to the Oilers but if the Canucks coud parlay him into a package with a defensemen who gets sent for Hemsky then I'd be on board.

ohnoeszz is offline   Reply With Quote