Avalanche get:

D Michael Del Zotto
C Brian Boyle
D Stu Bickel

Rangers get:

C Ryan O'Reilly
D Tyson Barrie
G Sami Aittokallio

the value there isn't even close. Bickel is a bum. Boyle is pretty useless and from the looks of it Rangers fans are ready to boot him out the door. Del Zotto while being promising offensively, is a detriment to his team in the defensive zone which is not something the Avs need. They already have enough issues playing defensive hockey (poor varly)
In other words, "I haven't seen any of these guys play, but I HAVE read some HF posts about them, so I'm going to weigh in as if I have any idea what I'm talking about."

Rangers fans in this thread--please stop entertaining Avs delusions. Sather wouldn't touch an RFA hold-out like O'Reilly with a 10 foot pole.

Avs fans, if RO'R has so much apparent value, pay him what he wants and enjoy the bad contract. Positionally, the Rangers don't need him. Contractually, the Rangers don't want him.

Again--Consistency--he ain't got it. For the Avs fans claiming that you "could just see the offense waiting to happen" when he was only putting up totals in the mid 20s, I'll tell you what I DID see last year. I saw a guy who put up a lot more points because he found himself on a line with Landeskog. Until he can show that last season was a product of HIS ability and not Landeskog's nobody is going to give you close to what you want.

smoneil is online now   Reply With Quote