View Single Post
Old
02-08-2013, 06:30 PM
Scurr

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallPoppySyndrome View Post
Just wanted to bring up something I found Interesting. In previous Interviews AV has said that he dose not interact with players on a personal level, I don't have a source but it think he talks about it on the "Behind the bench" series they did last year. He gave his reasons like, Not wanting to be seen as playing favorites, or being friends with the players. However in a recent interview he said "He (Schroeder) told me that his parents brought a box, so I guess i better play him". I thought it was interesting and poses a couple of questions. Has AV changed his style a little bit?, Dose he make an exception for the young guys?, Or was it a bit misleading that "I don't have any personal contact" sentiment. Just thought I would shear some thoughts, I'm not really reading to much into it, Just my wife doesn't give a crap, so I thought I'd make you guys read it.
I think a coach has to be careful not to become too friendly with players but it would be equally foolhardy not to get to know your players personally. AV seems to do a nice job balancing the two.