View Single Post
Old
02-08-2013, 05:31 PM
Horseradish

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HF Article View Post
The Edmonton Oilers boast a number of highly skilled forwards on their front end that are generally touted as pure goal-scorers, and their young roster makes for a team with a high level of energy and emotion. However, they tend to lack depth at their center position and do not always have the size and strength that is needed when they come up against big physical teams. The Oilers scouting team has worked tirelessly to build up a strong group of character prospects to fill some of the gaps on the roster, many of whom are playing for junior clubs across Canada.… read more

More...
Nice spin, but Oilers dropped the ball drafting mediocre talents with their 2nd round picks the past few years: bottom-6ers like Pitlick and Moroz.

I see 2 guys having what it takes to make it to the NHL in their CHL prospects:

Zharkov because he puts up points, is big, and is also defensively responsible (reportedly). I see him turning into a solid 3rd/4th liner. And Musil as a bottom-pairing d-man.

And that's my view as fairly high expectations. I don't actually think Musil will make the NHL permanently, and the verdict on Zharkov is still out.

Not looking good to me.

Horseradish is offline   Reply With Quote