View Single Post
Old
02-08-2013, 05:32 PM
discostu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by senorchang View Post
Instead of making a thread of the main board ill ask here. How far is Karlsson from being the best player in the world?
I hate to be the one to say this, but, he still needs time. Not because the skill level isn't there, but, because claims like that need the benefit of time to substantiate them.

I think people have articulated well in this thread why his play this year is so special. He's redefining the position and playing such a unique style.

It's working incredibly well regardless of what people throw at it. Ideally, you need to see this current incarnation in some high stake games, like the playoffs (as he's better today than he was just 8 months ago.

It will be interesting to watch how Karlsson plays against our division over the course of the season. We play each team 7 times in a short season. There's plenty of time for players and coaches to adapt and build game plans. The test is, does Karlsson get better against these teams, or do they find a way to shut him down.

I'm pretty confident that Karlsson will continue to play at a level that puts his name in the conversation, and as Sens fans, we get to see how he'll push the boundaries even further on what we expect from the position.

discostu is online now   Reply With Quote