View Single Post
Old
02-08-2013, 06:44 PM
racerjoe

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
The Brouwer ship has sailed IMO. They can no longer cost-control this player and WSH isn't going to eat salary on him. He's a Cap for the foreseeable future...

From WSH, it's Mojo + prospect(s). That's the only package that really makes sense. Throw in Neuverth for back up purposes. But that's the basis of a deal. Does it go down? Probably unlikely give that McPhee will be dealing from a major position of weakness. Traditionally, he's only struck deals when the cost to him has been minimal. Now though, he knows his team is really struggling and won't bend to such demands... even at the cost of his own job.

It would be different if everything else in WSH was going well aside from goaltending, but they have more problems.
I really think, goaltending is their problem though. Look at last nights game as a perfect example. things were going fairly well, they were up 1-0 after one, and had limmited the pens to only a handful of chances. Then in what 3 mins or something like that two goals are scored, and the flood gates are opened. If they had someone back there to make the timely save, I don't think you see the flood gate of goals, and a dip like that.

I agree I doubt they will become a player, but they really should. From what I have seen a good goalie, not even a guy as good as Lui would have them looking much better.