View Single Post
Old
02-08-2013, 05:45 PM
flapanthersfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
LOL what context do you need? Are facts too complicated. These are very straight forwad. He went 14-6-6. That's a very good record. Do I need to break down each and every game, making you only happen when Clemmer earned the victory the way Theo did tonight? The sample size is large enough to reasonably believe Clemmer is a goalie that can earn this team points. And yes, this team is different. The forwards are better, and the D is arguably the same. So what exactly is your point besides some vague notion of "context?"
Jason Garrison had 16 goals last year. Ask Vancouver fans if they think he's going to replicate that.

if the past was a guarantee of the future, the jobs of NHL coaches/GM's would be alot easier than it actually is.

Clemmensen did a fine job last year, and we got into the playoffs because if it. he wouldn't be the first mediocre goalie to have a good record, though. hell, brian elliot had a .940 save % last year - you think he's going to repeat that? how about mike smith and his .930 save %?

i assume, since you're so into stats, you think they're better goalies than Pekka Rinne? Kari Lehtonen? MAF? Luongo? Miller? Lundqivst? do i really need to keep going?

stats with goaltenders are deceiving. there are so many unscientific variables that they cannot be taken for absolute truths. you keep rehashing the same old argument, yet anyone with an ounce of hockey knowledge can see this guy is a mediocre goalie, at best.

markstrom's better than mediocre. thus he improves our team. it's not complicated.

flapanthersfan is offline   Reply With Quote