View Single Post
Old
02-08-2013, 06:56 PM
Cashville
RIP Lindback

vCash: 500
He's better than Gill, but let's call a spade a spade: he's a solid third pairing defenseman who can play second pairing if needed and not be a trainwreck. He had some notable issues in the Kings game, and is poor at handling the puck. He has a strong body and plays fairly good positional defense, but has trouble with anyone with a lot of speed or creativity.

This probably sounds pretty negative, but it really isn't. He's a great third pairing guy and I like the pickup a lot. I think his being paired with Weber for neigh-first pairing minutes is untenable though and I'm hoping he is there until Trotz thinks Blum has proven he can hang (Blum has played well; think we just need a larger sample size here). Hannan played 22:46 last game vs. Josi's 15:21; that makes no sense. Josi has played the best of anyone on the team outside Wilson and maybe Erat through the first 10. My hope is that within the next 5-10 games we transition to:

Weber / Josi
Klein / Blum
Ellis / Hannan or Gill

Weber is going to have the worst year of his career offensively if he continues to play a lot of Hannan. As I said elsewhere, he has the offensive prowess of a potato. I'm not sure what you do with Gill. We're not going to roll 7D all year and it scratching him after re-signing him is a bit of a waste. Very pleased with how our young blueliners have played thus far.

Cashville is offline   Reply With Quote