View Single Post
Old
02-08-2013, 08:30 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

vCash: 500
Hickey is the more talented of the two (Ellerby and Hickey) but KE brings something that Hickey couldn't and that is some size and some grit.

I keep reading people down on Muzzin and I am sort of stunned by it. He is a true rookie and has played exceptionally well for not having 10 games under his belt this season and less than 20 games of NHL exp in total.

I think he has been playing very well and will be a solid Dman once he gets confidence and time. I can say that for those who want to rush up TT and LV I will give you Muzz as an example of bringing up a young inexperienced kid under less than favorable circumstances.

Muzz would be much better off if we had the ability to have brought him along under better circumstances. Instead we have thrown him into the fire pairing him with our number 7dman most of the time. Like I said all things considered Muzz is doing a very good job.

TT being thrown to the wolves while our forwards are recovering and struggling (largely due to the loss of two of our top stay at home D) would only put too much pressure on him too soon. He wouldn't benefit from fourth line duty nor would he benefit from 3rd line duty under these circumstances either. His time will come and when it does he will get moved around our top 6 and see sheltered time on other lines.

Bringing him or Vey up now and expect them to do anything more than try to survive wouldn't be a smart thing to do. Once we have things rolling again, sure, give either or both of them or anyone else down on the farm their cuppa's but until then why risk ruining these talented prospects? Not a smart thing to do and I am glad that DL is our GM and not prone to panic.

Ellerby is a tweener of a Dman who doesn't do anything above average but he plays well enough to be servicable and possibly more given time. I like this pick up and think it will have a positive effect in more ways than one.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote