View Single Post
Old
02-08-2013, 08:45 PM
oilinblood

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafters View Post
When u have 3 small 1st overall forwards and Ebs and Gagner from past drafts you can take some chances to fill out the rest of the roster with size.....the odds of a 2nd rounder even making the NHL is small.....the odds of a 2nd rder being able to take a top 6 on this team soon is next to impossible...
If we can get size and ability from the new coke machines like
Jujhar Khaira F 6'3" 195
Ryan Martindale. F 6'3" 190
Mitch Moroz F 6'2" 210
Daniil Zharkov F 6'4" 210
Curtis Hamilton. F 6'3" 205
Teemu Hartikainen F 6'1" 215***
Tyler Pitlick F 6'2" 195

If we can get 1 top 6 forward and a couple bottom 6 guys from this list we very lucky
Well said. It does worry me that the team took the mentality of "well we got to choose the best player in the draft so it is ok to risk on the other picks" but I do believe in drafting talent based on sound research. If after the cobine, and all the testing and years of observation the kids still impress than yeah...put in your bets. So far i have seen some sense in what Stu and the Oilers are doing. I look at the Bruins, and not Detroit, in how they are building their team. Do we have a Marchand coming? Do we have a Lucic? Do we have anyone close to those moulds?
I am pretty happy with our drafting and will to wait until tie shows us if we have improved in at scouting beyond the obvious picks of BPA when you get #1.

oilinblood is offline   Reply With Quote