View Single Post
Old
02-08-2013, 09:04 PM
Horseradish

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafters View Post
When u have 3 small 1st overall forwards and Ebs and Gagner from past drafts you can take some chances to fill out the rest of the roster with size.....the odds of a 2nd rounder even making the NHL is small.....the odds of a 2nd rder being able to take a top 6 on this team soon is next to impossible...

If we can get size and ability from the new coke machines like
Jujhar Khaira F 6'3" 195
Ryan Martindale. F 6'3" 190
Mitch Moroz F 6'2" 210
Daniil Zharkov F 6'4" 210
Curtis Hamilton. F 6'3" 205
Teemu Hartikainen F 6'1" 215***
Tyler Pitlick F 6'2" 195

If we can get 1 top 6 forward and a couple bottom 6 guys from this list we very lucky
I'd rather take the BPA, pump his tires, and trade him a la Vancouver with Hodgson and Kassian, personally.

The only guy in that list I see even being a full-time NHLer is Hartikainen. But that's far from guaranteed as of right now. He's looked good, but has to keep improving. The rest? Yeah Pitlick might have a Brad Winchester-like career (in my opinion). Zharkov too, from what I've seen and heard. Malleable player who could be useful on a 3rd or 4th line in a mucking role.

Martindale? Inconsistent at every level. Best case scenario, he has a couple of good years like Isbister, if he gets that far.
Moroz doesn't even produce much at the WHL level-- can't see him producing enough to stay in an NHL lineup, even on the 4th line (he'd need roughly 15-20 pts/year to justify a spot regularly, and he's really only a .5 PPG player in the dub).
Hamilton's fallen off the face of the earth, has had injury problems (which often derail big boys...or any prospect, for that matter), and really only ever had one very good year.

That's my full take on it all, anyway. Always hope for the best, obviously, but there are clear issues with almost everybody on this list.

Horseradish is offline   Reply With Quote