View Single Post
Old
02-08-2013, 09:17 PM
Nullus Reverentia

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
AP did progress statistically. He stayed pretty steady but then in his final season took a huge step. Murphy cant produce like AP did in the OHL is what I mean. As you said, he changed his style of game offensively. Ever since that he hasnt really produced all that much, and its been going down more. He did it to focus on a defensive game that hasnt became anything spectacular, while AP's was readyf or the NHL including his defensive game

AP almost doubled his goal total from his first to second year, the next season he was hurt but kept up relatively consistent production (I already gave Murphy credit there, injuries will hurt your offense), and then the year after that he was putting up much bigger numbers. He also had an dominant world junior

Compare that to Murphy for a second and see how well it fits your argument.

Murphy had an awesome draft year, 26 goals 79 points. Then sees his goal total fall all the way to 11 the next season putting up just above a point per game and now this year he has a whopping 6 goals so far, well under a point per game and an extremely underwhelming world junior.
A huge step? He played 25 games. Not even half the season. If a player plays 5 games and scores 10 points, is that huge progression?

I also didn't know 36 points in 42 games was "well under PPG".

Pietrangelo didn't progress offensively statistically but became a much better player despite the lack of statistical advancement. Murphy is the same way, but you keep denying it.