View Single Post
Old
02-08-2013, 09:42 PM
Rafters

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseradish View Post
I'd rather take the BPA, pump his tires, and trade him a la Vancouver with Hodgson and Kassian, personally.

The only guy in that list I see even being a full-time NHLer is Hartikainen. But that's far from guaranteed as of right now. He's looked good, but has to keep improving. The rest? Yeah Pitlick might have a Brad Winchester-like career (in my opinion). Zharkov too, from what I've seen and heard. Malleable player who could be useful on a 3rd or 4th line in a mucking role.

Martindale? Inconsistent at every level. Best case scenario, he has a couple of good years like Isbister, if he gets that far.
Moroz doesn't even produce much at the WHL level-- can't see him producing enough to stay in an NHL lineup, even on the 4th line (he'd need roughly 15-20 pts/year to justify a spot regularly, and he's really only a .5 PPG player in the dub).
Hamilton's fallen off the face of the earth, has had injury problems (which often derail big boys...or any prospect, for that matter), and really only ever had one very good year.

That's my full take on it all, anyway. Always hope for the best, obviously, but there are clear issues with almost everybody on this list.
Most bigger players that are picked after the 1st rd have some issues...consistency...hands....wheels.....if not they would be 1st rders??

Even in your example...it was a 10th oa Hodgson for 13 th oa Kassian.......the likelihood of another smaller forward even getting a sniff of the top six in Edmonton anytime soon in an attempt to pump and dump is extremely unlikely.......but it clearly looks like the Oilers are hoping/gambling to find players with size after the 1st rd...

Rafters is online now   Reply With Quote