View Single Post
Old
02-08-2013, 09:52 PM
frankieboy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyeDray View Post
There is no question that trades are lacking and need to happen on Long Island.

Maybe Garth is a bit gun shy although I am not sure why. I do the Ryan Smyth deal 10 out of 10 times if I could do it again, even if he was not signing here. We gave up nothing in that deal.

And now we have a great many assets. I am not suggesting we move Strome or Nino or even Renihart. I am suggesting that a bold move perhaps a move that sends a first round pick and young player to a team in need of building a bit, but it can give our own build a boost.

A lot of Isles fans see Keith Yandle as a target. I am not sold on if the Yotes would move him. If he is on the block sure, take a run at him. he would be an upgrade for us, and give us a top 3 including A-Mac and Hamonic which would be pretty darn impressive. In any event I do want to see Snow swing a deal.

You can't keep all of the prospects you have as it is. Next season you are going to see more than likely, Nino, Nelson, Donovan, de Haan all on Long Island. Perhaps Strome as well. Just taking the forwards in that scenario...

Tavares, Strome, Okposo, Grabner, Neilsen, Moulson, Nelson, Cizikas, Niederreiter, Martin those 10 are under contract. This does not include Bailey or Ullstrom both have contracts up at year's end and are RFAs. If you include those 2 that's 12 forwards, 5 of whom are centers...

Are we really going to see this for 2013-14...???

Moulson - Tavares - Neiderreitter
Nelson - Strome - Grabner
Bailey - Neilsen - Okposo
Ullstrom - Cizikas - Martin

That is a lot of youth, and as much as there is skill their, but is that 3rd line going to be able to shut anyone down?

Point is you can't keep everyone. Moves are needed to address problem spots. Nabokov wont be back next year, who is the starter? Poulin? Nilsson? Maybe we will yet deal for a goalie. Is Streit back next year? We go with Hamonic, A-Mac, Strait for sure but can we count on Donovan and de Haan to carry a heavy load?
I actually could see the Islanders wanting to resign Nabokov and, unless the wheels fall off, I hope they do. While I still think Nilsson and Poulin could potentially be something, their current seasons don't lead to much optimism. So, if we did not have Nabokov, where would we be? Until one of the guys in the AHL, or Koskinen, shows something more, we have questions in net, too. Nabokov has started out the season in stellar fashion, and then had some more shaky outtings, but he's better than anything else we have...by a far margin. Anyone else agree? Disagree?