View Single Post
Old
02-08-2013, 09:56 PM
coolboarder

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreOrr View Post
What's this passion for Conference or Divisional based Playoffs that's such an importance to some of you? Rivalry matchups are great, but as someone said the other day, they're also great is they don't happen all the time. And variety can breed new matchups. If there's a system that allows a bit of mix and match, I don't see what the problem is. I'm not keen on your 6-6-4 Playoff system. Yes, now I understand it, but such a system isn't necessary.
Travel is the main reason of my team, Vancouver, in that they have had to travel a lot in the playoffs for instance, in 2011 run, they had to go Chicago, Nashville and Boston when they have had San Jose for the series while Boston has Montreal, Philadelphia and Tampa Bay in comparison, easiest travel-wise. Conference-based system would reduce reduce the travel within their time zone and maybe the mountain time zone for the duration of the playoffs. If Vancouver is in the east, I would have no issue with any system.

If you remember, last year, LA had to play against Vancouver, and Phoenix and their travel is still close for two rounds and won the cup while the two series is in CTZ and ETZ against St. Louis and NJ. This is the difference that LA is able to win the cup even though they were a great team and got hot at right time.

This is the reason why I favor the conference based playoffs or division for the 4 conference format or whatever format they choose.