View Single Post
Old
02-08-2013, 10:12 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by glovesave_35 View Post
I see his vision but to me it's more of a subtle type of vision than the kind that leads to amazing saucer passes. I don't want to harp too much on one play but he set up a goal last week on a 2-on-1 by shooting it perfectly off the goalie's pad to be finished by the other player (can't remember, maybe it was Loui against Detroit). Ribeiro type player would have probably tried the pass but the difference is that Eakin's is doubly smart because it effectively serves the same purpose of getting the puck to his teammate for a scoring opportunity while keeping the goalie honest; everyone knows in that situation Ribeiro is passing 98% of the time, maybe next time Eakin picks the corner. Just saying that I see a smart player with good puck skills and good wheels. His speed backs people off and makes them think quicker than they'd like. I feel confident saying he'll pretty easily be a 40-45 point guy but more likely a 50-65 guy.
He makes the simple, easy play pretty much every time, and it works a lot more often than the fancy dangles and passes Ribs typically tried. He's not as flashy, but I think he could end up getting close to replacing him offensively (do agree with your point projections), and the defensive effort and faceoffs makes him that much more valuable.

And then of course whatever Winther turns into.

LatvianTwist is online now   Reply With Quote