View Single Post
Old
02-08-2013, 10:16 PM
LyNX27

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callagraves View Post
Points do not equal goals.

I'm not expecting him to score goals. I'm expecting him to create them. I'm expecting Gaborik, Nash, Callahan, and Richards to score most of our goals.

He's created a fair amount of chances. The way this team played early on, it's tough to accrue assists when nobody is scoring. Especially your linemates.

The entire team has needed to step up. Some of them have, some of them will. Just watch.
QFT, how ridiculous that people are ready to toss him aside after what he's done for 2 seasons. Granted his play-off's haven't been awesome, but they haven't been bad either. First one with 5 games, doesn't score as a rookie, that's allowable, 2nd round of play-offs, 9 points in 20 games. He's 22 and hes already scored 51 points. This season he's got 5 points in 10 games. As far as I can tell he's doing pretty steady, and he's never been a goalscorer. LET'S NOT FORGET that last season he was 4th in scoring on the team behind Gaborik, Richards, and Callahan.

He's literally starting his 3rd season and has gotten off to a slow start in the 10 games we have seen him in. If he averages to be a 2nd line 50 point playmaking center... Is this really a bad thing? The kid isn't even hitting 1 million in the cap.

Yes he has holes in his game compared to the "Prototypical Perfect NHL'er". Not the greatest set of wheels but they work, not the most physical but he does get a few garbage goals and pucks along the board.