View Single Post
Old
02-08-2013, 10:16 PM
Slapshot85

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jBuds View Post
Yes.

Sorry - Regier has the organization in decent position. Not the current roster, but when you look down the road, you see Armia, Grigorenko, Girgensons, McCabe, Pysyk, McNabb, Cat, plus the likes of Hodgson, Vanek, Foligno, Pominville, Myers, Sekera, and Ennis.

I hope to god that you didn't enter this season with aspirations of a Cup run. Unrealistic.

We've been set up to grow this team into what we've all wanted: balanced team with centers who can make an impact, dynamic wingers, and blueline depth.

When you look at my Dream '16 team, provided that the youth grows as they should, we're missing toughness on the back end. That's it. And we have time to address that issue, especially if we're looking at 2016 (or in that area) as the year we start to become legitimate.

I don't think he's infatuated with them. He just didn't want to come in and immediately clean house - he wanted to see for himself what he had/didn't have. Hopefully he has done that.
2016? Pegula wants a Cup within three years from the time he took over (maybe one of his big comments that he shouldn't have made.)
Fans aren't going to wait three MORE years for a team that has been mediocre in the last few years due to "potential" of it's young guys.