View Single Post
Old
02-08-2013, 11:20 PM
smoneil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by avsfan09 View Post
I understand where you are coming from, but we're not going to sell him for anything less than what we think he can become. I think the Avs are better waiting out the year. He needs to sign a bridge contract and the Avs have all the leverage.

If you don't want to give up assets for what we believe will become a 60-70pt selke center than don't bother making an offer. He won't be sold for less just because he isn't signed. He could be a huge piece for the Avs in the future and won't be traded for anyone who won't be a huge part of the future.

Perfectly understandable. I'm not one of the Rangers fans making the proposal. The contract issue alone would make an O'Reilly to the Rangers trade a disaster of (NY) Jets like proportion. FWIW, I also think you should hold on to him. Partly because I think most GMs will view the situation the way I described in my earlier post (thus not offering up what Colorado would want), but mostly because I don't want another lockout. If gm's start handing out FA money on second contracts, we'll be on the fast-track to another lockout.

smoneil is offline   Reply With Quote