View Single Post
Old
02-08-2013, 10:20 PM
Jame
Dream '16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
My gut is telling me that Miller won't be here past this season, or may even be shipped out prior to the deadline. Just a gut feeling, nothing more. I think Regier will look to acquire a young goaltender with starter potential now that it should be clear that Enroth isn't the long-term answer, and the more I think about it the more I believe that we're going to be a sleeper team for Bernier. (Obviously, acquiring Bernier would be in a separate move, as LAK already has Quick and, thus, no need for Miller.) I think Bernier's price will be around what Lindback cost (two 2nd's + 3rd) and Regier will use assets acquired in deals for Leo and Regehr and (possibly) Miller to make it work.

There's a window open for Regier to move Miller because he can sell it that Miller hasn't put up elite numbers in a few years, and there's not a goaltender in the system right now that is more likely than not going to be a bona fide #1 starter in the NHL. If he's going to move Miller, I hope he does it pre-deadline so that he doesn't get just hot enough to ruin our draft position over the last month.
if you are trolling me... it's the best "long troll" ever.