Thread: Value of: Lubomir Visnovsky to Toronto?
View Single Post
02-09-2013, 01:11 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
I think offense from our D is the biggest weakness.

Dion has forgotten how to shoot, literally but he's playing very well defensively. Same with Liles and Kostka can't be depended upon to provide offense.

I'm all open to having a forward man the point but none of our forwards have the ability to either set people up or shoot home a goal from the point.

I think Lubo will be a capable stop-gap until Gardiner is ready to take over that role along with Rielly.
I disagree with the bolded; Bozak is a good passer with good vision. While he may not have a rocket from the point, that's why you have JVR in front and Kadri and Kessel, two guys with great hands, flanking on their off-wings for rebounds or back door plays.

The Leafs power play is way too stationary and way too predictable - Kessel on the half wall or Phaneuf's clapper (which usually goes 4 feet over the net) ... I agree a shakeup could be in order, but I think it could be at least attempted with current personnel before trading what could be a top 40 pick and potentially a sweetener in a later pick or lesser prospect.

Visnovsky is effective but he isn't going to carry the unit. He was extremely effective in Anaheim when Perry and Getzlaf threatened down low, drew the killers down and gave him space up top. Teams don't need to collapse against the Leafs because all their threats are up high or perimeter. They need to make plays down low before the point opens up and they haven't been doing that.

Kaberle to McCabe was so effective because teams would cheat to cover Sundin to Tucker back door play.

sparxx87 is offline   Reply With Quote