View Single Post
Old
02-09-2013, 01:16 AM
Dr Jan Itor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by State of Hockey View Post
Look at the scrolling list at the top of the page: Granlund, Brodin, Coyle, Dumba, Larsson, Hackett, Phillips, Zucker, Bulmer, and Lucia.

Who on that list has met or exceeded expectations this season? Brodin and Zucker certainly have. Larsson has likely met a fan's expectations too. Lucia as well. But Granlund, Coyle, Dumba, Hackett, Phillips, and Bulmer have either not met expectations, or if they have, your goalposts have moved to justify their play. That's 6 right there, and 3 of the top-4 that have had disappointing seasons to date.

I find it ironic that you use the word "fast" here. This team isn't a fast car--literally too. Fletcher has yet to build a fast car. If he had, even a mediocre driver could have run up front with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by State of Hockey View Post
Coyle:

44 games
14 goals
10 assists
24 points
69 shots

all with first line minutes and linemates is meeting expectations?

Dumba:

-dramatic drop in production
-missing out on the WJC team (I believe highest eligible draft pick to miss not due to injury)
For Coyle, it depends on what your expectations were. I think he was top 15 in rookie scoring when he was called up. I'd put him in the 'met expectations' group, I wasn't expecting him to lead the AHL in scoring.

As for Dumba, the WJC cut was a bit disappointing, but he was also the youngest defenseman at the tryout. If he misses next year, then it might be something to look at. I don't really pay any mind to the production drop. He's obviously on a worse team than he has been previously but we know that the offensive abilities haven't disappeared. It's all about his defensive game right now. I'd say he's a question mark.

And Hackett is doing fine as well.

So we have 4 that have exceeded/met expectations, 3-4 that are disappointing and 2-3 you could make arguments for either way. Nobody's prospect pool bats 1.000, it's not the end of the world.

Last edited by Dr Jan Itor: 02-09-2013 at 01:24 AM.