Old
02-09-2013, 01:17 AM
glovesave_35
Name

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Misty View Post
And now I have been wrong twice

I guess his assists just don't really stand out to me. Also I totally agree about his ability to win puck battles, but I consider that to be defense rather than offense. It seems like those points come from turnovers forced in the offensive zone rather than breakouts; in the 2 spot I prefer somebody like Roy who can drive the action more. Of course I could have misremembered that too since the last few games of 3rd line Eakin are at the forefront of my reasoning.
I guess we just look at the game differently. I don't break things down so far as to consider offense and defense as opposites. I could use your logic and call puck battles won and turnovers created in the defensive zone creating offense when you retain control of the puck and push up the ice. It's all in how you look at it. The guy plays a complete game with a style somewhere between Zetterberg/Datsyuk/Bergeron/M. Koivu. I'm not directly comparing future success with those players but just style-wise he plays a complete game end to end. I'm looking forward to the day we get to rely on him in the playoffs.

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote