Thread: Rumor: Pens eyeing Kulemin
View Single Post
02-09-2013, 02:38 AM
Honour Over Glory
vCash: 500
I had no idea the Leafs depth of quality young defensemen. We might as well just call Maatta and tell him to quit now.

There is no reasonable discussion to be had with Leafs fans. It was apparent when the Pens had Staal and discussions were had in this forum and the countless times Kulemin has been brought up because some Leafs fan wants to see him reunited with Malkin or the team's dire need of wingers, yet the team has never suffered from a lack of scoring.

If the Pens are ever to move their 1st and a blue chip d prospect, it won't be for an inconsistent goal scorer that has the qualities of a 3rd liner but can't score like a top 6 winger, which really, makes him a 3rd liner that just gets top 6 minutes but still produces like a 3rd liner.

I'm quite content with a 50pt winger in Kunitz, a 40 goal scorer in Neal, and a solid 40+ winger in Dupuis...centered by 2 100+ pt centers and well, the 2 best players in the game today. Could the team use another winger? Sure, I'm confident that winger is Beau Bennett, next year. This year, the team will make do.