View Single Post
02-09-2013, 04:11 AM
Registered User
slovakiasnextone's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 5,161
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by pRisly View Post
Not true. If Kopitar wanted to play for USA he could. Here is the rule that allow him to do it:

Change of national eligibility (The ‘four-year’ case)
A player, who has previously participated in IIHF competition, can switch national eligibility (but only once in a player's life) if:
-He is a citizen of the new country of his choice
-He has participated for at least four consecutive years in the national competitions of his new country, during which period he has neither transferred to another country nor played ice hockey within any other country and has not played for his previous country in an IIHF competition during this four year period.
-He has an international transfer card (ITC) that shows the transfer to the national competition of his new country and which was approved and dated at least four years before the start of the IIHF competition in which he wishes to participate.
Technically it would be possible of course. But does Kopitar have US citizenship? If not he doesn´t fulfill the No.1 condition right now.

slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote