View Single Post
02-09-2013, 05:14 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by BamBamCam View Post
Jim Carey the 2 good seasons and than a complete flop, that Jim Carey?

Like I said and if you would pay attention, the NHL is not the only place you judge a player. He had an outstanding college, AHL and very good international play with some spectacular WJC tourneys.

And BTW, Dunham has almost 2 times more victories than Carey ever played. I don't understand why you put some much value in a peak season over a length of career. Does this mean Paul Coffey is better than Ray Bourque because his peaks are better?

Carey is considered a major flop.
How many american goalies have won (modern) Vezina Trophy? From top of my head: Barrasso, Vanbiesbrouck, Thomas, Miller and Carey. How many of them made it to the 1st AST?
Can Dunham's floating around in averageness outperforms such huge accomplishment no matter circumstances?? Jim Carey is one and only goalie which was able to win Vezina during reign of Hasek. Such greats like Roy or Brodeur were not able to do it. (I'm not saying Carey was better than them, so donīt send me to do research again, I remember that).
And it's not like Dunham played 10 more times games like Carey, actually Dunham did not play in many either.
All Dunham's individual awards are based on stats (lowest GAA), Carey's awards are based on overall performance (best goalies awards, all-star teams). You have mentioned Dunham's pre-NHL success, Carey didn't come out of black hole either, he had a serious success in AHL too.

Carey's career was short, but he shone bright, Dunham is completly unremarkable goalie. Give him 10 years and very few people will remember him.

Carey > Dunham

begbeee is offline   Reply With Quote