View Single Post
Old
02-09-2013, 06:57 AM
froods
Millerrrrrrr!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmelm View Post
Why are people so stubborn and naive? "Shero tried to sneak him down". I'd like people to explain how they are clairvoyant and can see into the mind of Shero. Or how about you show me a quote in which Shero, DB or another membmer of the Pens brass state that they tried to "sneak" Strait down, but failed to do so.

I bet the Pens were 95% sure that Strait would get claimed. I bet scoured the field for all the offers they could find to see if they could get a decent return. Maybe the Pens were getting offers on both Strait AND Lovejoy, but the offers for the latter were higher. Has anyone ever thought of that? I have no problem with the Pens trying to "sneak" down Strait -- knowing full well that he would probably get claimed -- rather than take some ****** offer for him.

Sure, I would have also liked to see us get a nice return for a player that we drafted and developed, but perhaps that just wasn't possible. And if all this happened because of how well previous "fringe" guys like Despres, Niskanen, Bortuzzo and Engelland -- and even last year's Martin -- have been playing, well then I ain't gonna cry about it.
Right, and how do we know there was even a market for Strait at all beyond the Islanders? Does Shero and Snow even have any relationship after the crap that went down?