View Single Post
Old
02-09-2013, 06:14 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Bashing White just happened to make people forget about ALL the other things that went wrong last night and most of which are the same than the ones who aren't exactly bright for quite some games now....Therrien included. But White, like Eller, is an easy target. And honestly, I just don't see what he achieved here. Everybody could bash White. What did you proove to the people, the fans, or the players? Isn't that the "no excuse" era? What was the score after the White penalty...were we still leading? Oh ****...that's true...we could have won if the bozos that were on the ice with 2 seconds left would have played with really the intention of defending the net. And if we would have had a goalie awaken enough to realize where the puck was BEFORE Ott pushing him.
You have to analyze the scenario to understand why White was one of the guys singled out in this game. First of all, the game was in control, as buffalo looked like a conceded team. Montreal is not a good enough team to have a large margin for error, especially with Budaj in net. I can stomach losing when the other team simply beats you, but I don't accept being beaten by yourself. Why on earth would any player on the right side of a 4-2 lead try to revive the energy level of the game? I'm not even talking about the 4 min penalty, the play to go after Ott was bad enough on its own. He gave Ott exactly what he was looking for. Just let the game die, and celebrate the 2 points. Instead, it ends up being a turning point.

Now the sabres get a quick PP goal, and all bets are off. This is not the first time White has gone after a player in the same fashion. It is happening this year, and it happened last year too. The only difference is that this game ended up costing the team a point in the standings. Its a chronic issue, and for that, you damn well better bring attention to it, rather than brush it aside and wait for it to happen again.

Last edited by Hackett: 02-09-2013 at 06:19 AM.
Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote