View Single Post
Old
02-09-2013, 06:37 AM
habsfanatics*

vCash: 500
All I know is that I have been waiting for 3 years to have them both in the lineup consistently. I believe Subbans raw talent is higher than almost every dman in the league he just needs to learn how to harness it a bit better to put him over the top.

Markov is what I would call one of the top cerebral dman in the league, able to out think the opposition on a regular basis, with his smooth transition and unmatched patience and off the charts hockey sense he is truly elite when healthy and undoubtedly one of the top PP quarterbacks in the NHL, if not, number one on his own. He's made guys like Souray, streit, Komisarek play like All stars with career seasons with him on the pairing.

Subban can and will learn the finer points of the game by watching AM and playing along side him on the pp. If he can gain half of Markovs ability to read plays, when to jump and develop some patience. I believe Markov realizes that PK has a raw ability that he doesn't even have and views it as his duty to mentor PK into being the best dman he can be.

I think this is going to be a breakout year for PK with the tutelage of Andrei Markov. The sky is the limit for this kid and Markov knows it and will bring it all out.

Seeing Andrei Markov night in and night out is exactly what Subban needs. I've been waiting for these times for too long.

Edit: I have np with Therrien bringing PK along slowly, he'll be the top guy in no time. He probably feels it is unfair to the guys who have been on the roster since camp started to jut thrust PK into a top role while they're still playing well themselves. I agree with krisse to a certain extent on this. They are sheltering PK for his benefit and in the long run it should pay off. Let him take a regular shift and dominate weaker opponents for the time being, eventually he'll be leading the team in icetime and his teammates won't bat an eye at it. If you play him 25mins right off the hop it could cause an unnecessary friction with the other dman who are showing some success.

Last edited by habsfanatics*: 02-09-2013 at 06:43 AM.