View Single Post
Old
02-09-2013, 07:54 AM
Fourier

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseradish View Post
I'd rather take the BPA, pump his tires, and trade him a la Vancouver with Hodgson and Kassian, personally.

The only guy in that list I see even being a full-time NHLer is Hartikainen. But that's far from guaranteed as of right now. He's looked good, but has to keep improving. The rest? Yeah Pitlick might have a Brad Winchester-like career (in my opinion). Zharkov too, from what I've seen and heard. Malleable player who could be useful on a 3rd or 4th line in a mucking role.

Martindale? Inconsistent at every level. Best case scenario, he has a couple of good years like Isbister, if he gets that far.
Moroz doesn't even produce much at the WHL level-- can't see him producing enough to stay in an NHL lineup, even on the 4th line (he'd need roughly 15-20 pts/year to justify a spot regularly, and he's really only a .5 PPG player in the dub).
Hamilton's fallen off the face of the earth, has had injury problems (which often derail big boys...or any prospect, for that matter), and really only ever had one very good year.

That's my full take on it all, anyway. Always hope for the best, obviously, but there are clear issues with almost everybody on this list.
I don't know how much you have watched Martindale play. I watched a lot of his games in Ottawa particularly in his final year. He was not the least bit inconsistent in that year. Not only did he produce offensivley but he really worked hard to refine hi two-way game. He was a key pk'er for the 67's and was always the guy out there taking big draws when protecting a lead in the last couple of minutes of a game.

In OKC right now he is playing with Hamilton and Byers. That line was very good last night. They controlled the play against one of the best teams in the AHL. Martindale did score a nice gaol after working his way to the front of the net. But over all I'd say that he is transitioning into a very good two way center at the AHL level. That's not too bad for a guy who is a second year pro.

He does not skate nearly as well as Pitlick, nor is he a big hitter. But he has excellent hockey sense and a broad skill set. I think the struggle for him has been finding the type of player he needs to be at the next level. But this seems to be more clear now and he is making progress. He still has a chance to be a good NHL'er.

Fourier is offline   Reply With Quote